Sunday, Dec. 10, 2017 – Vikings vs. Panthers!
Ok, Let’s get it out in the open….VIKINGS LOST!! The only Vikings game I have ever gone to, and they lost. However, it was so much fun!!!
Vinnie and I had never seen where Vincent lives in Greensboro, NC, so we took the opportunity to go see him and catch the game in Charlotte. At one point they tied it up, but lost at the end. It was very exciting…and there was a ton of purple in the crowd!
I have to say, though, if I had to switch teams, I could be convinced to be a Panther fan. The crowd was fun, the music was non-stop, the beer was cold, and we had a great tailgate time at the DOG HOUSE bar across the street from the stadium before the game.
After the game, we caught up with a Norwalk guy, Tommy, who is friends with Steph and Anthony and had a beer with him before heading back to Greensboro. It seemed almost surreal to be standing in a bar in Charlotte after a Vikings game with Vinnie and Vincent with a guy from Norwalk who we didn’t expect to see. A lot of fun!
This town clearly has a special energy when their hometown team plays!
As we walked back to our rental car in the parking lot just beyond the stadium, the sun was setting. The skyline was a soft orange glow with darker clouds just above the horizon. The lights around the Bank of America Stadium lit up with Red, White and Blue colors. The local neon signs brought in greens, oranges, and yellows on every corner. The air had a left over smell of the snow that had fallen the day before. And I counted my blessings.
- I was with Vinnie and Vincent.
- Together, we experienced my first Vikings game (they had been before).
- My youngest son, who we prayed so hard at birth that he would stay alive on this planet, walked beside me chatting with Vinnie about the game. He had grown into a fine and good young man who has made his way into this grown up world, hundreds of miles away from me.
- The three of us talked about our bucket list item of making a full family trip with everyone to the Viking Stadium in Minnesota in the near future! Maybe a future Christmas gift to all!!
- Yes, the Vikings lost the Vikings/Panthers game….but I have truly won with so many blessings in this game of life!